How to create an Autotask API User?
Connect your Autotask PSA Instance to Propel Your MSP
To connect your Autotask PSA instance to Propel Your MSP, you will need the following setup:
- Setup a security role for the "Propel Your MSP" user
- Create an API User (Key & Secret)
We suggest creating a new Security Role specifically for the "Propel Your MSP API User".
- Navigate to Admin > Features & Settings > RESOURCES/USERS (HR) > Security Levels
- Right click on "API User (system) (API-only)" and click "Copy Security Level"
- Name it "API User (Propel Your MSP)"
- Propel Your MSP only requires the following Security Modules Levels in Autotask PSA:
|Dropdowns||Contract Visibility (for contracts you have access to)||Full|
|CRM||Account & Contact Access||Customer & Cancelation||All|
|CRM||Object Permissions||Opportunities & Quotes||Add: Yes|
Configuration Items & Subscriptions
|ADMIN||Feature Access||Resources/Users (HR)||(Add Check)|
|ADMIN||Feature Access||Configuration Items||(Add Check)|
|OTHER||Miscellaneous||Not required to change password(password does not expire)||(Add Check)|
It's a best practice to specify only the minimum security rights required by any third party provider
Creating Your API User (Key & Secret)
You need to create an API User so that Propel Your MSP can import data from your PSA.
Be sure to make a copy of both the Username (Key) and Password (Secret) because the Secret will only be displayed once.
- Login to your Autotask PSA
- Navigate to Admin > Resources (Users)
- Click on the drop down arrow before the "New" button and click New API User
- Choose a first name, last name and email address (e.g. Propel Your MSP / API / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Set Security Level to the newly created "API (Propel Your MSP)" Security Role
- Click Generate Key & Generate Secret
- For API Tracking Identifier, select Integration Vendor: Propel Your MSP
- Save the values for later
- Save your changes
Proceed to Propel Your MSP to configure your PSA integration.
How to create a ConnectWise Manage API Member Key?
Connect your ConnectWise Manage Instance to Propel Your MSP To connect your ConnectWise Manage instance to Propel Your MSP, you will need the following information: Your instance's domain name (typically connect.yourcompany.com) The Company ID ...
More KB articles if you sign in (free account)
Most Knowledge Base articles require you to sign in to the support portal. You will need to create a free support portal account as the Knowledge Base user account is not synced with the Propel Your MSP app. Don't have a support portal account yet? ...