How to create an Autotask API User?
Connect your Autotask PSA Instance to Propel Your MSP
To connect your Autotask PSA instance to Propel Your MSP, you will need the following setup:
- Setup a security role for the "Propel Your MSP" user
- Create an API User (Key & Secret)
We suggest creating a new Security Role specifically for the "Propel Your MSP API User".
- Navigate to Admin > Features & Settings > RESOURCES/USERS (HR) > Security Levels
- Right click on "API User (system) (API-only)" and click "Copy Security Level"
- Name it "API User (Propel Your MSP)"
- Propel Your MSP only requires the following Security Modules Levels in Autotask PSA:
|Dropdowns||Contract Visibility (for contracts you have access to)||Full|
|CRM||Account & Contact Access||Customer & Cancelation||All|
|CRM||Object Permissions||Opportunities & Quotes||Add: Yes|
Configuration Items & Subscriptions
|ADMIN||Feature Access||Resources/Users (HR)||(Add Check)|
|ADMIN||Feature Access||Configuration Items||(Add Check)|
|OTHER||Miscellaneous||Not required to change password(password does not expire)||(Add Check)|
It's a best practice to specify only the minimum security rights required by any third party provider
Creating Your API User (Key & Secret)
You need to create an API User so that Propel Your MSP can import data from your PSA.
Be sure to make a copy of both the Username (Key) and Password (Secret) because the Secret will only be displayed once.
- Login to your Autotask PSA
- Navigate to Admin > Resources (Users)
- Click on the drop down arrow before the "New" button and click New API User
- Choose a first name, last name and email address (e.g. Propel Your MSP / API / email@example.com)
- Set Security Level to the newly created "API (Propel Your MSP)" Security Role
- Click Generate Key & Generate Secret
- For API Tracking Identifier, select Integration Vendor: Propel Your MSP
- Save the values for later
- Save your changes
Proceed to Propel Your MSP to configure your PSA integration.
ConnectWise Manage Integration error "You do not have security permission to perform this action."
Are you are seeing this error about your ConnectWise Manage integration when signing in to Propel Your MSP? The reason is because in ConnectWise Manage v2020.4, a new "Table Setup" security permission, introduced in v2020.3 has started throwing the ...
How to create a ConnectWise Manage API Member Key?
Connect your ConnectWise Manage Instance to Propel Your MSP To connect your ConnectWise Manage instance to Propel Your MSP, you will need the following information: Your instance's domain name (typically connect.yourcompany.com) The Company ID ...
PSA to Propel Your MSP Asset Mapping
Concept Assets in the PSA normally have an associated type (Workstation, Firewall, Switch, etc.). Each type can be (but does have to be) mapped to an Asset Category in Propel Your MSP. Example: You can create / modify Asset Categories to better suit ...
FAQ - PSA Integration
How do I limit the number of companies imported in Propel Your MSP? You have full control over which Company Types are imported in Propel Your MSP from your PSA. The following example from ConnectWise Manage will only import customers with an ...
PSA Opportunity Sync Back to Propel
Project Opportunities created in Propel can be pushed to the PSA. Once pushed, the following fields become read-only in Propel and are refreshed (during the daily sync) from the PSA: Material Cost Labor Cost Expected Start Date* Customer Response** ...