How to create a ConnectWise Manage API Member Key?
Connect your ConnectWise Manage Instance to Propel Your MSP
To connect your ConnectWise Manage instance to Propel Your MSP, you will need the following information:
- Your instance's domain name (typically connect.yourcompany.com)
- The Company ID identifying your company database in ConnectWise Manage
- The Public and Private keys created below
Creating Your Keys
You need to generate ConnectWise Manage API keys so that Propel Your MSP can sync your assets with your ConnectWise Manage installation.
Be sure to make a copy of both the Public and Private Keys because the Private Key will only be displayed once.
- Login to your ConnectWise Manage account using the desktop client.
- Navigate to System > Members and click the API Member tab.
Create a new API Only Member (see the minimum required Security Roles below)
- Generate the API Keys.
- Save your changes.
- Copy the Public and Private API Keys.
It's a best practice to specify only the minimum security rights required by any third party provider
Security of API Members is based off the Security Roles table within ConnectWise Manage. We suggest creating a new Security Role specifically for the "Propel Your MSP API Member". Propel Your MSP only requires the following Security Modules Levels in ConnectWise Manage:
Table Setup (customize*)
All (see below)
"Table Setup" tables to select:
- Activities / Activity Type
- Agreements / Agreement Type
- Company / Company Status
- Company / Company Type
- Company / Configuration
- Company / Configuration Status
- Company / Team Role
- Invoicing / Billing Cycle
- Opportunities / Opportunity Status
- Opportunities / Opportunity Type
- Opportunities / Sales Probability
- Opportunities / Sales Stage
- Service / Service Board
- Service / Severity
- Service / Source
Note: ConnectWise Manage puts "allowed" table on the left.
How to create an Autotask API User?
Connect your Autotask PSA Instance to Propel Your MSP To connect your Autotask PSA instance to Propel Your MSP, you will need the following setup: Setup a security role for the "Propel Your MSP" user Create an API User (Key & Secret) Security Role We ...
More KB articles if you sign in (free account)
Most Knowledge Base articles require you to sign in to the support portal. You will need to create a free support portal account as the Knowledge Base user account is not synced with the Propel Your MSP app. Don't have a support portal account yet? ...